- Antidote, specific for dabigatran. Indicated for patient treated with dabigatran etexilate when rapid specific reversal of the anticoagulant effects of dabigatran is required for:
- emergency surgery/urgent procedures
- life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding
- Available as 50 mg/mL solution - 50 mL vial
- Store vials in refrigerator between 2˚- 8˚C.
- Inspect visually for particulate matter and discolouration prior to administration.
Do not use if solution show haziness, particulate matter, discolouration, or leakage
- If vials are taken out of the fridge and not used within 6 hours the vial may be re-refrigerated and used at a later date. Product must remain in the vial with the septum intact.
- Solutions Compatible: 0.9% NaCl
- Y-site Compatible: 0.9% NaCl
- Co-administration with any other IV medications or fluids is not permitted.
- A pre-existing intravenous line may be used for administration - must be flushed with sterile 0.9% NaCl prior to and at the end of infusion. No other infusion should be administered in parallel via the same intravenous access.
(For approved routes of administration by nursing personnel, refer to Policy for the Administration of Intravenous Medications.)
|IV Direct||YES - preferred - use a 0.22 micron in-line filter|
|IV Intermittent Infusion||YES - use a 0.22 micron in-line filter|
|IV Continuous Infusion||NO|
(For neonatal dosages, refer to Neonatal IV Drug Manual.)
- Total dose is based on patient's weight. Max dose: 5000 mg
- Give as rapid infusions/injections, divided in two equal parts administered no more then 15 minutes apart
- Treatment duration: 1 treatment
|Weight (kg) from||Weight (kg) to||Rounded total dose, mg||Rounded total dose, mL||Application schedule (split dose application)|
|2.5||5||300||6||2 x 3 mL|
|6||10||600||12||2 x 6 mL|
|11||20||1250||25||2 x 12.5 mL|
|1850||37||2 x 18.5 mL|
|31||40||2500||50||2 x 25 mL|
|41||50||3100||62||2 x 31 mL|
|51||60||3750||75||2 x 37.5 mL|
|61||70||4350||87||2 x 43.5 mL|
|71||80||5000||100||2 x 50 mL|
|81||90||5000||100||2 x 50 mL|
|5000||100||2 x 50 mL|
- NO DOSE ADJUSTMENT IN RENAL FAILURE