||Neonatal Drug Therapy Manual
Disclaimer: Official controlled document is the CHEO and Ottawa Hospital online copy. It is the responsibility of user to ensure that any paper copy version is the same as the online version before use.
Antifungal (Special Access Program)
- Used in combination with Amphotericin B for the treatment of candida, cryptococcus and aspergillosis infections
- IV intermittent infusion: over 30 - 60 minutes
- Preterm infants: 50 - 100 mg/kg/day divided Q12-24H
- Term infants: 50 - 150 mg/kg/day divided Q6H
Dosage adjustment required in renal impairment. Refer to available references or clinical pharmacist for dosage adjustment
- GI: vomiting, diarrhea, enterocolitis
- Hematology: bone marrow depression-related to serum drug concentrations > 100 mg/L
- Hepatic: increased liver function tests
Parameters to Monitor:
- Therapeutic drug levels:
- Peak (60 minutes after end of infusion): 50 - 100 mg/L
- CBC, platelet count
- Renal function: urine output, serum creatinine, urea
- Solutions Compatible: D5W or 0.9 NaCl
Incompatible: do not mix with other drugs/solutions
The information contained on this website is provided for informational purposes only, as a guide to assist physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers in deciding on the appropriate care required for a particular patient. At all times, physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers must exercise their independent clinical judgment, based on their knowledge, training and experience, taking into account the specific facts and circumstances of each patient, when deciding on the appropriate course of investigation and/or treatment to recommend in a particular clinical situation.
CHEO has made every effort to ensure that the information contained on this website is as current and accurate as possible. However, changes can occur due to ongoing research and the constant influx of new information. Where possible, hospitals and healthcare practitioners should verify the information before acting on it.
Reliance on any information in this website is at the user's own risk. CHEO is not responsible or liable for any harm, loss or other consequences from the use or misuse of the information on this website.